Cardiff Steiner School offers the international Steiner Waldorf curriculum. We welcome International students and have a rich and diverse range of nationalities within our student, parent and teaching bodies.
International students age 3 to 16 can join us for a unique British Steiner School experience. Students are integrated into the life of our School, speak English, work, relax and enjoy all activities with the rest of their Class. Our UK students benefit from the multi-cultural nature of their School and make friends for life from across the globe.
Our broad and balanced programme is rich in both oral and written English, giving International students a unique and immersive exposure to UK language and culture. Our pioneering Upper School programme (age 14-18/19) offers the Certificate of Steiner Education – the first trans-national qualification to be fully based on the Steiner educational curriculum, and is a valid, alternative secondary school qualification that allows students to progress to further/higher education.
Please Note: We do not offer boarding at Cardiff Steiner School and can therefore only accept International students who are staying with a parent or appointed guardian whilst in the UK who arrange their own accommodation.
International students – studying for under 6 months
Visitor Route If you’re studying in the UK for less than six months, you can do this as a visitor but you must meet the Standard Visitor eligibility requirements. Many students (including those from the European Union and other eligible countries) won’t need a visa for study lasting less than six months. Students from some countries will need to apply for a standard visitor visa to do a short course in the UK. Check if you need a visa to study in the UK.
International students studying for over 6 months
Students aged 4 to 17 who want to study at an independent school in the UK for over 6 months require a ‘Child Student visa’ (previously called a ‘Tier 4 (Child) student visa’. Cardiff Steiner School is licenced to sponsor international students to study in our School.
You must also:
- have an unconditioanl offer of a place at our School
- have the consent of your parent or guardian to study in the UK
- be able to show you have enough money to cover your course fees and living costs in the UK
International Students Admissions Procedure
- Complete and return our standard Application Form along with current school reports, a copy of the student’s passport and any other relevant reports and documents listed on the Application Form. There is no fee to apply.
- The application will be considered and we will make an Offer if the applicant is thought suitable for admission into the relevant Class. The School may request on on-line video (Skype) interview.
- We will contact you with an Offer of a Place. You then fill in an Acceptance Form and pay a deposit of £500 to secure your place and a Registration fee of £100. The deposit is returnable when the student leaves the School as long as all fees are paid and up to date.
- We will issue a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Study) number for parents to apply for a visa. The CAS number must be used within six months to obtain a Child Student Visa.
- Parents Handbook will be sent out.
- Student arrives – We arrange a meeting with Parents/Guardians and student and Registration Interview with our Admissions Office. The School is required to photocopy a student’s passport and visa on the first day they arrive at the School.
- The Invoice for the first term’s fees will be sent to the parents/guardians.
Ready to find out more?
Kamila Klimczewska, in our Admissions Office, is looking forward to talking with you about studying as an International student at Cardiff Steiner School. Please contact her to find out more.