WHAT WE’RE DOING
As a school we are taking ongoing proactive steps to reduce the risk to our school community:
- The wellbeing of our pupils and community and the continuity of our educational programme is of paramount importance to us. For these reasons we suspended in person learning and teaching from Friday 20 March, and continue to provide education through online learning [see letter]. This follows the Welsh Government announcement of the closure of all state schools in Wales, which made clear that this decision had been focused on public health advice. Welsh Government also informed independent schools that they would encourage independent schools to follow the advice given to maintained education settings to put the wellbeing of all learners at the forefront.
- We are in contact with SEDT, who manage the Certificate of Steiner Education (NZCSE) to make contingency plans.
- We will be running a small, necessary provision during this time for our pupils who are vulnerable or are children of parents of ‘essential workers’ – those whose work is critical to the COVID-19 response [see letter].esponse [see letter].
- Travel ban for all international school trips, including requiring our staff to declare if they, or their families, are travelling overseas.
- Avoiding the exposure of pupils to large gatherings, and gatherings in smaller public spaces such as cinemas, theatres, and other similar settings. (Our weekly Games lessons at Sophia Gardens have been risk assessed and are currently still taking place).
- We will update parents about the postponement/cancellation of trips once we have formal confirmation from our insurers and providers, to limit any unnecessary losses.
- Following the latest government advice on social isolating, our Parent & Toddler Groups are cancelled until further notice.
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched objects and surfaces.